Wednesday 7 April 2010

8




This photograph was taken in Leeds city centre at mid-night with my Canon EOS 50D. I used the timer mode as well as the shutter-priority mode. And of course it was crucial that I had my camera connected to the tripod under the shutter-priority mode in order to prevent blur caused by camera shake.
Shutter-priority mode allows us to adjust the amount of time that the shutter curtains remains open and marks the beginning and end of the exposure. The longer it stays open, the more lights that enters, which allows us to shoot in much darker conditions than we might think are possible.
I set my camera to shutter-priority mode of 5sec in order to get the result of the photograph above. As I could remember where I took this photograph, it was much darker than what we can see from the photograph above. In addition, there was a combination of moving cars with my long exposure; it allows me to record light trails as shown above.

No comments:

Post a Comment