Wednesday 7 April 2010

15




Juan Gallego is a Spanish painter. Most of his works are technically floral paintings. Gallego is especially good at painting close-ups of flowers forms that are convoluted, multi-layered and often have a wrinkled or withered appearance.
Juan Gallego is another one of my favorite artist. I have also chosen him as the artist for my study of A-level Art in which to get references and to generate ideas for my final piece. The main reason that I like him so much was because I am personally a big fan of photography and within Juan Gallego’s paintings; there are always different kinds of photographic techniques involved in it. Juan Gallego also uses photographs as references of his paintings which allowed him to play with the illusion of focus in areas of his canvasses; giving his works both depth-of-field and compositional structure. Therefore if we take a closer look at his painting, we can obviously see that most of the flowers are very detailed.

No comments:

Post a Comment