Thursday 15 April 2010

21


This is the media product that I have chosen and which is the final piece drawing that I submitted for my A-level Art. The reasons that I have chosen this piece of drawing are because it can be visually-led with plenty of cues and art direction in order to emphasis the visual aspects of it.
‘Plants’ was the topic for this piece of work and there were both primary source and secondary source within this piece of drawing. I have also chosen an artist who is well-known in drawing flowers as a reference for my work. Furthermore, I have used different types of color media, such as color pencils, pastels and water colors etc….in order to provide a mixture of different drawing styles. In addition to that, as we can see from the photograph; I have used some dry flowers and leafs to surround the edges of my drawing in order to emphasis the topic of my work – plants.
My concept idea behind this piece of drawing was to simulate a visual view of our eyes when looking into a forest or garden; we would be able to see different types of plants and flowers. And it would be as beautiful and colorful as this picture. And last but not least, the dry flowers and leafs on the edges were used to emphasis the topic; and the main idea was to give a mixture of realistic and painting since the concept of the whole piece of drawing was to simulate a visual view of human eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment