Wednesday 7 April 2010

12




Joseph Mallord William Turner is one of the most famous and important English landscape painters of the Romantic era. The history painting above Dido Building Carthage or The Rise of The Carthaginian Empire; which Turner considered as one of his greatest work. Turner so loved this painting that he requested his body be wrapped in the canvas upon his death. He eventually thought better of that and donated this painting to the National Gallery in London.
Furthermore, Joseph Mallord William Turner has always been one of my favorite artists as well. I used his paintings as my references and sometimes I also applied his style of painting to my work during my study of A-level Art. I especially like the way how he paints since he was good at using an emotional drama of color in order to create an atmospheric effects, which led to dramatic canvasses rolling with waves and clouds.

No comments:

Post a Comment